Troop 175 Registration

TWO COMPONENTS of Registration:

  1. Troop 175 Registration: this happens every fall for everyone in the Troop
  2. BSA Registration: this happens once when the boy joins Scouting. Click here for details about BSA Registration or transferring an existing BSA registration.

Troop 175 Registration: Everyone, Every Fall

This annual process is for ALL Scouts and adult members of the Troop. We register in the fall BEFORE the upcoming year.

Deadline: Nov. 1 of each year

Yearly registration begins in late September of each year and ends November 1.

ONE: Submit your online Intent to Participate form

TWO: Turn in hard copies of paperwork

  • Medical Form Parts A & B: BSA Medical Form A and B (pdf)
    Print, fill out, and hand in hard copies of medical forms
  • Copy of your health insurance card (front and back)
  • A check for your yearly dues made out to Troop 175 (the form will give you the total amount)

Please submit your paperwork and payment in one complete package to David Leonard at a Troop meeting. He will not accept piecemeal submissions.

THREE: Check/update your Youth Protection Training (YPT)

All registered adults in the Troop must take the BSA Youth Protection Training every two years, and must have current YPT valid for registration for the upcoming year. Adults must have up-to-date YPT before they will be allowed to participate in Troop outings.

Note: If you’re a new BSA adult member, you will complete the YPT during the BSA registration.

  • Before you submit your annual Troop 175 registration, check the date your YPT expires.
  • If it expires before Jan. 1 of next year, you must take (or retake) the online BSA Youth Protection Training course.

To check your Youth Protection Training status: Go to Follow the prompts to check and/or renew your training (look for “Retake Course” near the top).

FOUR: Sign up for Troop 175 Emails

If you aren’t yet receiving Troop 175 emails, sign up for our email list here

BSA Registration: New Scouts, Transfers & Adults

In addition to registering with Troop 175, every scout and one parent must be registered with the BSA. The one-time BSA registration process is completed when the boy joins Scouting. Cub Scout memberships can be transferred to Troop 175, and you can also transfer membership from one Troop to another.

Once your son is registered or transferred to Troop 175, we will see and approve your registration online, which will officially place your son in the Troop. We’ll set him up in our Troopmaster Scouting software and will send you login info.

If you’re a transfer from Cub Scouts or another Troop…

If you’re crossing over from an active Cub Scout membership, please contact your former Cubmaster. If you’re transferring from another Troop, contact your former Scoutmaster. It’s a very simple process using a BSA online tool to transfer your scout to our Troop.

If you son is new to Scouting…

Register your son and yourself online with BSA:

Note: Plan to spend an hour registering and completing the mandatory Youth Protection Training.

  • If you already have your son’s BSA ID from a former (or lapsed) Pack or Troop membership, select “Yes” for the first screening question of “Is this youth a current/former Scout?”
  • If you do not have his BSA ID, sign him up as a new scout. There’s a one-time $25 sign-up fee and pro-rated BSA dues to take you through the end of 2021. You’ll pay this via credit card during online registration.

Adult BSA Registration (1 hour to complete)

Troop 175 requires each scout to have a parent registered with BSA. If you aren’t already registered, you will need to complete an adult registration for at least one parent. The Scout registration process will prompt you for your adult registration.

Youth Protection Training (YPT)

You must take the BSA Youth Protection Training online course before you can submit the adult registration. Please note that YPT takes approximately one hour, so plan ahead. It’s required, and you won’t regret it.

Background Check

As part of the BSA registration process, all newly registered adults will be screened with a criminal background check.

Payment, Scout Accounts & Popcorn Funds

Scouts may use funds from their Scout account to pay for part/all of their dues. If you would like to know your Scout’s account balance (including money earned selling popcorn), please email Troop treasurer Tammy Davis: [email protected]


If you have registration questions, please look for David Leonard at Troop meetings or send an email: [email protected]

Need help with Costs?

We don’t want financial considerations to keep a boy from participating in Scouts. The Troop 175 Fallen Eagle fund will help Scouts with registration costs if their families are going through a rough time. Your son can also earn money for his Scout account by selling popcorn. If you’re considering leaving Scouts for financial reasons, or if you know someone who is not participating because of registration costs, etc., please contact Scoutmaster Kevin Wyatt. Scouting is a great program and we don’t want anyone to miss out on its benefits because they can’t afford the cost.